Ask a question Report

Wireless desktop can't connect to internet while laptop can

thealarmguy 1Posts Wednesday October 24, 2012Registration date October 24, 2012 Last seen - Latest answer on Oct 26, 2012 02:39PM
Hello, I have not been able to access the internet from my wireless desktop. I have a desktop hardwired to my router (frontier(ISP) provided) and we can connect w/ our wireless laptop and visitors can connect w/ their personal devices. The wireless desktop was taken to the shop for removal of the usual virus, malware etc. and I can see that they were able to connect to the internet because the norton program was updated. The wireless desk top shows a very good connection to the frontier modem but I cannot reach any sites. The repaire shop says that it's a router problem and frontier says that as long as I am showing a good connection to the router, it's a computer problem. The repair shop said that they could come out to fix it w/ travel time we would be looking at about $300.00 on top of the cost for the clean-up. The system is set up for a linksys connection (router) but frontier say's that that should not matter.
ANY ideas would be helpful.
Thanks
Read more 
Answer
+0
moins plus
it is os not supporting the type of password from u r wirelss router, change the OS xp to win7 or change the type of password from router config
Add comment
This document entitled « Wireless desktop can't connect to internet while laptop can » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.