My pendrive is not detected in pc

Closed
Rajapandian Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 31, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 31, 2012 - Oct 31, 2012 at 03:37 AM
 Edmisson - Mar 1, 2013 at 03:17 AM
Hello,

While insert my transcend pen drive into my pc, shown msg like this"USB device not recognized. One of the USB device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windoes does not recognize it"

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 31, 2012 at 04:12 AM
Hi Rajapandian,

Before any troubleshooting I would recommend doing a Flee Power on the machine, this will reset all the USB and other ports in the machine. To do a Flee Power remove all the power connections (battery also in case of a laptop) and all the plugged in devices from the machine. Press and hold the power button for some time (10-15 seconds) then release. Connect only the necessary power connectors and power on the computer. Once the computer shows Windows Desktop, try using the USB pen drive and see if you still get the error.

Do reply with results.

Thank you, that Flee Power thing of your's has been very helpfull, now my Lap is recognizing magnificently!!!!

Peace!