How to merge windows partition to increase c

Solved/Closed
akm - Feb 10, 2009 at 07:21 PM
 Nate Ace - Feb 25, 2013 at 01:15 PM
Hello,
please tell me is it possible to merge hard disk partition without formate.
how to merge windows partition to increase c drive space
Related:

7 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Updated on Nov 27, 2018 at 07:05 AM
Download this free program to merge partitions. Good Luck
dashing dude.
Jun 9, 2009 at 05:57 AM
OMG.. it solved all my partition issues in winks..
thanks a million man,, works like a charm..
WOW! I have to admit to being totally amazed my this software! I have an old external HD that had two partitions on it that I was intending to give to a friend, but didn't want to confuse her with the two drive letters on one physical drive, plus I wanted to merge the partitions to reclaim the space.

Partition Master seems to have done the trick... flawlessly! VERY intuitive, it was a 2 stage process; first delete the smaller of the partitions, then increase the size of the other to reclaim the space using a slider bar... it couldn't be easier. Once I'd finished I did a quick format to NTSF then looked at the drive in Win Explorer and Disk Manager (Management) and it's perfect... what a great piece of software!
Hi,

Many thanks for the tips, Easeus Partition Master Home Edition 4.0.1 works perfectly.
I have 50gb for C drive but D drive more than 400gb. C drive run out the space very quickly. When I used the software, I was bit worry, after reading help instructions. I decided swap the sizes of two drive; by deleting the D drive and then increase the size of C drive by sliding. I have to rename the D drive though, after restart, voila, the problem of partition's size is solved.
thanks 4 the help dudue........it really worked for me
very helpful software,, worked well for me,, thanks!!
Merge two partitions with Windows Vista
*1. Go to the Start menu and open Control Panel
*2. Select the System and Maintenance option if you are using the Control Panel Home View and Administrative Tools if you are using the Classic View
*3. In the Administrative Tools section, select Create and format disk partitions.
*4. For Classic View users, select the Computer Management option and select Storage . When done, click Disk Management
*5. When the list of your drive is displayed, choose the one with which you want to merge your partitioned drive with (e.g. disk D:) and select Delete Volume .
*6. Hence, select your drive C: and the option Extend Volume . You computer will automatically select empty available spaces on your hard disk, and you can alter them if you wish to do so.
go to your control panel, under system maintenance, click on administrative tools, click create and format disk partitions, then right click the second partition (most likely d) and delete the volume, next just right click the primary (most likely c) then click extend volume, the wizard should pop up, follow the 3 or four steps, and your done.
if you really like to merge, try Partition Wizard, download it from www.partitionwizard.com, home edition is free

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Forget everything guys. I tried EASEUS, Partition Magic. Nothing worked.
Only the angel came at my rescue -

GParted.

The most simple thing without an inch of ado.

U'll love it. Trust me.
have you try Partition Wizard? You might change your mind bit...
Perfect. Tested multiple times on my test pc and just perfect. Exactly what I needed to resize a partition.
VINAYHABIB

EASEUS is the best.

Created some partitions on my HD a later realized have less space on my C-drive.
I slashed a cool 50gs from one drive and merged it to C for my super support programs.
!!!
You can do fake merge by delete( or decrease adjacent partition), then extend your C partition. Or you can try Partition Wizard pro edition, ( cost $19). It can merge adjacent NTFS partitions.
Amadar Centali
Jun 2, 2010 at 01:08 PM
Just go to the "Administrative Tools" in the control panel, then "Computer Management" and then click on "Storage".

From there you can expand, format, etc.

No need to download any program!