Hp laptop sound not working on both headphones and speakers

Closed
supersecretkid Posts 1 Registration date Sunday November 4, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 4, 2012 - Nov 4, 2012 at 07:38 PM
koolen02 Posts 5 Registration date Thursday November 1, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 14, 2012 - Nov 14, 2012 at 08:42 AM
hello everyone, my laptop sound is not working at all.
I was playing borderlands 2 and had skype on and when i plugged in my headphones into one of the two headphone jack the sound just completely stopped working.
I have restored my computer, reinstalled the audio drivers, disable then enable the driver, check if it is on mute, turned my speaker volume all the way up and i still have the problem.
But when i play the video and go to my sounds in control panel, the green bar that shows if sound is playing or not goes up and down so i know the sound works. But i can't hear anything...
my laptop is Hp pavilion dv4-3118tx
Ive also tried putting my headphones in and out repeatedly and it does not seem to work or maybe i just havent done it enough???
I dont think the laptop is in headset mode since i cant seem to hear anything even with my headphones plugged in..
Thanks in advance.
Related:

1 response

koolen02 Posts 5 Registration date Thursday November 1, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 14, 2012 1
Nov 14, 2012 at 08:42 AM
this is a driver problem. you need to update your sound driver from internet.hope this will solve your problem.