The monitor and the Keyboard doesn't works anymore.

Closed
andro74432 Posts 4 Registration date Sunday November 4, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2012 - Nov 5, 2012 at 05:27 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Nov 7, 2012 at 02:23 PM
Hello all,

This morning I had tried to mend my computer which had already a problem related to sound. I was trying to repair the sound card keeping the PC on. In that process, I accidentally put my hand in the processor fan.I pulled my hand immediately.Computer was still on. I was in great pain that time but I got more frustrated to see that my monitor was gone. It was showing random ordered RGB colors. Then I restarted my computer hoping that everything would be alright, but now, even the colors went off. My screen was not displaying anything and still is not. I also found that the keyboard is not working. While turning the computer on, I hear 3 beep sounds. I don't know what does that mean. Also I would like to mention that my optical mouse's light glows when I just turn on the power but not the PC on. Please can you help me. I would be grateful for your help.

Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 5, 2012 at 01:01 PM
Hi andro74432,

When you were working with your machine, some parts inside the machine might have accidently moved in their slots that might be causing the problem. Whenever working inside the machine, it is mandatory that all the power connections to the machine should be removed and also the external devices should be removed.
If you have an Intel Motherboard, 3 beep codes indicate Memory (RAM) issues. Reseating the RAM might fix this problem. You can check the below mentioned link for more details on beep codes with Intel Motherboard:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005473/boards-and-kits.html

If you have a Motherboard from a different manufacturer, you might want to refer to the service manual/manufacturer's website for details on beep codes.

In addition to reseating the RAM do reseat the Graphics Card (if any), sound card, power connections from power supply and processor. If needed, do take help from a computer-technician for reseating.

If the issue is not fixed do reply with the system configuration of the machine (including the Motherboard Make (Model)).

Please do write back to us.
andro74432 Posts 4 Registration date Sunday November 4, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Can you please tell me how to reset my memory in detail?
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 7, 2012 at 02:23 PM
Hi andro74432,

As you have not mentioned as to which motherboard is in the machine, it will be difficult to suggest steps on how to reseat the memory. You should refer to the Service Manual that came with computer/motherboard. It will have the details on how to reseat the memory. Also the manual might be available for download from manufacturer's website.

If you have difficulty finding the user's manual reply with the model number and brand of the motherboard. You can check this link on how to know which motherboard is in the machine: https://ccm.net/faq/6409-identify-your-motherboard

Please do write back to us.