Dell inspiron N5010 blank screen at boot

Solved/Closed
AMRDYS Posts 3 Registration date Saturday November 10, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 13, 2012 - Nov 10, 2012 at 12:44 PM
 Aldo - Sep 7, 2016 at 07:02 PM
Hello,

I have an issue with my Inspiron N5010 screen, it doesn't turn on at all when switching my laptop on, even when I try several times (maybe 10 ~ 20) switching on/off my laptop the screen never turn on but everything else is working like (Led indicators - Optical drive - the Fan) but I the processor indicator is led for 1 sec and then it turn off and the Power light just remains on.

I've tried the old method of Removing the battery/AC and holding down the power button for 60 secs and turning on the laptop by AC, but this method doesn't work in my case.

Now the only working way to get my screen to turn on, is to do the following:
1- I just turn on the laptop and leave it for 5 mins to warm up. then I switch it off and turn it on again. that's the only way I can get my screen to work.

Please if anyone encountered the problem before and fixed it. please I really appreciate any help you could do to me. because I cant just go in a meeting with my laptop turned on all the way in the bag to make sure that It turns on in front of my clients.

Thanks.
Related:

5 responses

Anonymous User
Oct 6, 2014 at 02:53 AM
Hey buddy all are crap whatever the others are telling you. I had the same problem and only reason is your RAM. check them. one of them is not functioning properly or may be gone thats why it is not giving beeps for RAM failure as there is working one and due to failure one it is not able to start. remove or replace the defective RAM and your lappy will start function properly again and all dell technical supporters are only looking for money in your pocket not for help. Dont trust them. and really had a very bad experience of dell laptops but instead of going to dell service center I like to do it by self by taking part of it.. and no fear when youtube is here.. ENJOY.. :)
God Bless you! I had the same problem and I was wondering through various forums to find any answer. Finally, I red your comment, so I checked the back side where the RAMs are assembled, and one of them were move out. I fixed it and everything now is fine. Thanks again! Thanks also you AMRDYS!
Thankyou.
Saved me alot of time and money.
(Y)
This worked on my Inspiron 5737 when it was showing a black screen after booting up. Please try this first, and THANK YOU to whoever posted this.