Theres something wrng with my sound device(s)

Closed
Dave - Feb 11, 2009 at 07:39 AM
 karthik - Aug 27, 2010 at 03:02 AM
Hello, my computer stopped allowing me to play audio files on Windows Media Player and itunes. The following message was displayed on itunes: itunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. audio/video playback may not operate properly. Also the following message was displayed on WMP: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

Can someone please help this is really fustrating

System:

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2
Related:

5 responses

how do you get to your audio device manager??
Bleeding Blue
Jun 4, 2009 at 01:46 AM
I went to my audio device manager and notice that there wasn't any device listed. I chose my sound card and closed itunes. I then opened it up and it worked! Try that first!
cheecho Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday February 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 11, 2009 1
Feb 11, 2009 at 09:34 PM
try uninstalling, then reinstalling your sound card, check the sound and device manager too
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly.
how do i solve this problem?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
jmp59 Posts 29296 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen November 25, 2015 257
Feb 11, 2009 at 01:42 PM
Hello,

First try System Restore to the latest point where ur sound card was working nice. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/support/sysrestore.mspx

If it doesn't match u'll have to re-install ur sound card.