Can not view folders on my removable flash

Solved/Closed
fred - Feb 11, 2009 at 08:25 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Hello,
I'm facing a problem of viewing folders on my flash disk, but the flash space is showing that it is occupied
Related:

4 responses

well, here is the solution you would like, press shift key and insert the flush drive at the same time, keep shift key down for 10 seconds, don't try to open removable drive in any or when you see a open drive dialog box, then open win rar, win zip or any other file browsers but not windows explorer , also you can use ACDC image viewer , then try to find 'autorun.inf' open it, now you can read between lines starting from, OPEN= blah/blah/blah.exe or com, now you can reach to the virus stored on this location, well you are there, delete those files and folder including autorun.inf, ok, now you are safe to open your drive normally, if you still cant open , try using above software to copy your files, some times you can not copy all folders directly into your HD, so one way is to open folder stored into your flush drive then copy its files into your HD, after copying all the files format your flush drive, now you are done,
It worked for me... Great ... Thanks ..
Hallo there,

I need help to view my folders on my removable flush disk the files can be seen and open on a Mac computer but fails on the other system.

I appreciate all your help soon.

Charles
bender2002 Posts 18 Registration date Friday February 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 13, 2009 13
Feb 22, 2009 at 06:39 AM
try setting your folder options to show hidden.
I tried this but failed.
Initially my flash drive was infected with some viruses. I did not notice what were those. After cleaning I could not find my folders, but whenever I scan my flash drive the antivirus programs (namely McAfee, Symantec, Kaspersky, etc.) shows the folders with files.
Help me out!
automy > Qaiyum
Oct 27, 2009 at 10:04 PM
try this if you have experience with registry editing. if not let somebody who have. registry is very sensitive to mistakes. it could affect your OS running well.

goto
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL

See if the CheckedValue value datatype is REG_DWORD. If not (e.g. REG_SZ), then delete it.

If there's no CheckedValue, create a new DWORD Value, name it as CheckedValue. Double click the new CheckedValue and change its value to 1, some viruses change it to 0 or 2.

In the same window look also for the TYPE entry with valuetype REG_SZ and set value to RADIO.

again check if you can now "show hidden files and folders". if you can see your hidden folders then unhide it via properties.
Arc Boy > automy
Jan 11, 2010 at 02:06 AM
Mate!

its not working even, I got the same problem, basically my USB was infected and when I scan it from Kespersky, my data disappear from USB drive, but when I checked the space availabilty it shows that my data is still on USB, but its not appearing, also I tried to recover it from DDR flash drive recovery, it show/ recover my files but as it is a trial version so I cant restore the data on my drive,

Can you please help me out in this? either I can get a freeware or a crack of that software?

Thanks MAte
Tom > Arc Boy
Feb 4, 2010 at 02:36 AM
I've experienced the same before. What I did was to note all the names of the folders as seen by the trial version of the flash disk recovery software I was using (because I could not remember all the folder names).

Then in windows explorer, physically type the path to the folder, and I would see all the files in it. I copied all the files to a folder in the hard disk, formatted the flash disk, then restored the files back in the flash disk.

hth.
I just settled my problem. You can use this cmd to solve your problem :

"attrib -s -h -r d:\*.* /s /d", --> this cmd for drive "D"

hope this will help you.
Blocked Profile
Oct 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM
contact with hardware engineer and get the solution.