Display image on pictureBox using the image path stored on DB

Solved/Closed
mikeoe2003 Posts 25 Registration date Thursday November 1, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 27, 2014 - Nov 21, 2012 at 03:30 AM
 umesh - Feb 9, 2017 at 04:11 AM
Hello,
when I run a select query I wan the the picture box on the form to display image of the File path stored in the database table. please I need help

2 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 22, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Hi mikeoe2003,

Create a form with the controls shown in the below mentioned image:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4668/formsh.jpg

Create a Database with the name Databasemikeoe2003PictureApplication.mdb (see the image below for the design of the Database):

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6905/databaseb.jpg

Paste the below mentioned code in the Click event of ButtonSelect:

Dim cnn As New OleDb.OleDbConnection
cnn = New OleDb.OleDbConnection
cnn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=Databasemikeoe2003PictureApplication.mdb;"

If cnn.State = ConnectionState.Open Then
cnn.Open()
End If
Dim da As New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM Tablemikeoe2003PictureApplication WHERE Id = " & TextBoxPictureID.Text, cnn)
Dim dt As New DataTable
da.Fill(dt)
Me.TextBoxPictureFilePath.Text = dt.Rows(0).Item("PicturePath")
cnn.Close()

PictureBox1.Image = System.Drawing.Bitmap.FromFile(TextBoxPictureFilePath.Text)

Run the application and check for the results.

Do reply with results.
Superb. I was puzzled for this.Found many option but not worked even complicated also
But you done the superb job. Heads off to you
quite smile
Thank you soo much
Amazing
thankyou
Thank you sir for this coding I was googling about 2 days for this code.it helped me a lot....:)
thanks for this help
but my picture can display only when i copy full path from folder, but when i use it the datagridview by getting pic name from datagridview, it becomes error.

pls help more
add .// as your given path
or..//