All desktop icon change into .lnk file [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question devanisapana 1Posts Wednesday November 21, 2012Registration date November 22, 2012 Last seen - Last answered on Mar 21, 2017 at 11:01 PM by Thanks
Hello, My problem is not solved

My problem which I give 2 days ago was not solved software rstassosiation I have installed but it described error file was not found or matched please give me another solution

See more 
Helpful
+37
plus moins
Here is the solution.
change all the icons with, open with explorer. when all icons on your desktop changed to internet explorer, then follow the below steps.

1.go to start menu.
2.run command
3.regedit in run command.
4.HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\software\microsoft\windows\currentvershion\explorer\fileExts\
5.search for .lnk ext.
6.delete hole .lnk key or delete the userchioce key on that.
7 just restart.
it will definitely work.
Paulraj- Dec 16, 2014 at 01:19 PM
Thank you very much, it worked and fixed the error...
Meenal Mehta- Dec 21, 2014 at 02:20 AM
Thank you a lot
abaady- Dec 26, 2014 at 07:06 PM
Thanx it worked for me
thankfull- Jan 15, 2015 at 07:24 AM
THANK YOU. It worked great. And here our comp tech was going to reimage my computer and I was going to loose all my files.
Thanks- Mar 21, 2017 at 11:01 PM
Thank you it worked
Been like that for 5 months on my old laptop
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi devanisapana,

Try the resolution in the below mentioned link and see if this fixes the issue:

http://ccm.net/faq/9846-windows-7-all-shorcuts-have-been-changed-to-lnk-files

Note: The fix in the above link requires Windows Registry editing. Always make a backup of the Windows Registry before you modify any settings. For steps on how to backup Windows Registry check this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/136393.

Do reply with results.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
For Android user , delete .ink files easily . Step 1 ) You need rooted device . Step 2) You need SD Maid pro (root) . Step 3 ) Download nd install nd open sd maid pro . Step 4 ) Open Sd maid go to Explorer . Step 5) now you will see all folders nd files in memory card just select .ink files nd delete . Thats all :)

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?