I can't format my Transcend 4GB USB, It says Write protected

Solved/Closed
shannoboy Posts 5 Registration date Monday December 3, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2014 - Dec 3, 2012 at 01:11 PM
 Başgan - May 13, 2016 at 06:15 PM
Hello,
please help me with my problem, I tried many steps including their recovery tools but still no effect.

Related:

5 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 5, 2012 at 04:47 AM
Hi shannoboy,

As you have already tried both the recovery tools from transcend and also the registry fix, it seems there is altogether a different problem with this pen drive. Try this pen drive in another computer (a friend's computer may be) and see if it works. If it works in a different computer the problem is with the Operating System.

Also, you can run an Anti-Virus scan on your computer to see if any virus is causing this problem.

If the issue is still not fixed, in your reply include the model number of your Transcend pen drive and I will see there is any specific issue/fix for this pen drive. Also, add the text of the exact error message that you get.

Do reply with results.
Hello,
I have the same problem. I have tried solving it with diskpart, also with reged. I have scanned it, no virus is detected. There is also no switch on the body of the disk for write protection. It doesn't work on other computers, I have tried several. The model is 4GB Transcend JetFlash V90 Classic - Silver.
Hello,
I have the same problem. I have tried solving it with diskpart, also with reged. I have scanned it, no virus is detected. There is also no switch on the body of the disk for write protection. It doesn't work on other computers, I have tried several. The model is 4GB Transcend JetFlash V90 Classic - Silver.
i have this problam ut wheni got disk manag mint I cant see formate opation

plz reply me fast
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 4, 2012 at 01:23 AM
Hi shannoboy,

Try the steps mentioned in the below mentioned link and see if this fixes the issue:

https://ccm.net/faq/4214-how-to-disable-write-protection-on-a-usb-key

Do reply with results.
shannoboy Posts 5 Registration date Monday December 3, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2014
Dec 4, 2012 at 04:55 AM
Ive already tried that step. but no efffect. My Os is windows 7 Ultimate. any other step? thanks BTW

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Try going into Start>right click "Computer">Choose "Manage"> Then in the window on left side choose "Disk Manager" and the look for the Flash drive. Then right click and choose Format or create new volume. I choose to creat a new volume and then formatted it as "Fat" (Not quick format but normal format). This worked for me. For some reason windows file manager won't do this but the Disk manager has no problems with doing this. Good luck.
thanks ..it worked ....was about throw it away lol
Cant open or do anything it says "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"
Paylaşım için teşekkürler emeğe saygı ccc Reis sin... ccc