Cursor jumps all over when typing

Solved/Closed
holterchris Posts 2 Registration date Sunday December 9, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 9, 2012 - Dec 9, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jul 9, 2013 at 06:18 AM
Hello,

Hi, can anyone advise, m]whentyping in email or word document my cursor jumps all over the place so my sentences are a mess. It's better when i type really slowly but still does it, anyone have an answer for me please.

Related:

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Dec 9, 2012 at 04:49 PM
Hello,

This only occurs with a faulty keyboard and most often when using a laptop keyboard. It's a circuit problem. Some manufacturers have recalled their product.
I had the same problem with my laptop for months,then I called Dell. It was a problem on their end.
There were downloads which I was not aware of and the Tech just took control and fixed the problem. I always thought if there was a fix the downloads would be updated since I was still
under warranty, not so.
The cursors does not jump anymore, TYJ
holterchris Posts 2 Registration date Sunday December 9, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 at 05:45 PM
Thanks so much for this reply, it is a laptop so will refer back to manufacturer as it has happened since I bought it . So glad I found this website.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Dec 9, 2012 at 06:01 PM
Could you please tell me what the manufacturer is as I am keeping a record for all similar issues in laptops.

Only once, I encountered a similar problem which was caused by a virus but then it would not occur with only a word processing software.

When you contact the manufacturer, I suggest that you be insistant and don't take no for an answer or any argument about the warranty or your fault. You must not agree to pay for repairs or for their shipping back to you. Best to first go to the store where you purchased it if it's a reputable store.

If you go out on the streets manifesting, especially in Cairo, please be careful.

Good luck
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 9, 2013 at 06:18 AM
Hi mak624,

If you have Dell XPS, Dimension or Inspiron notebook, you can install "Dell Support Center" software. You will receive automatic update notifications irrespective of the warranty status.

You can download Dell Support Center from here.

Hope this helps.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6