Please look new assistant

Closed
jake - Feb 12, 2009 at 12:39 PM
 jake - Feb 17, 2009 at 02:31 PM
Hello,

hi,

i have put in a new motherboard and i had to get a new processor, ram sticks (2x 1gb), graphics card and a new hard drive, i turn it on and after around 10 minutes it will freeze every time. so i restart my computer and it either

1. will turn back on and freeze within 10 minutes again or

2. it will beep 3 times then pause and then continuously beeps , showing nothing on the screen

plz help!!!!!
Related:

5 responses

Tweedledum Posts 181 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2009 125
Feb 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM
Are you sure you got the right hardware for your computer. If you did it mightnt be installed correctly, you could try taking it out and putting it back in again. Your Bios firmare is all working?
RaZor X Posts 20 Registration date Wednesday February 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 26, 2009 2
Feb 12, 2009 at 12:46 PM
Hi..

Try putting in other RAM. If that works, then you know its your RAM that is faulty. Try this:

*Turn off your PC
*Remove your RAM
*Clean it with cotton cloth
*Attach the RAM
*Turn on you PC-

Hope this works.

Asus P5N-D Sli | 9800 Gt OC | 4 GB ddr 2 800mhz | Dual-Core 1.8 | 22'' Viewsonic | 160 Gb Hdd
i tryed clening the ram and the ram port, i even tryed only useing one and i tryed them both on there own, but it hasn't fixed the problem.

after i had clean them like u sugested the computer turn on and got to the start windows normaly or in safe mode page i click start windows normaly and it got what is called the blue screen of death i think they call it i tryed restarting my computer and it's beeping again
Tweedledum Posts 181 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2009 125
Feb 13, 2009 at 05:53 AM
You should try starting safe mode if it works its something to do with your OS
RaZor X Posts 20 Registration date Wednesday February 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 26, 2009 2
Feb 17, 2009 at 02:50 AM
Might be the motherboard then..

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
hi

i have changed my motherboard and switvh it on for the first time and and it logged on as normal than after 1 minute it showed a black screen. the screen isn't flashing so it can detect the computer
hi

i have just changed my motherboard and i powered up the computer it went to the post screen. i pressed f1 to continue and then it showed my desktop background. the screen was at basic graphic level. windows told me that it was set to the lowest display setting. so i pressed the bubble so that windows would auto ajust it. nothing happerned. after around 1minute the screen went black not showing anthing. the screen was still detecting the computer as the blue light on the screen wasn't flashing. i tryed putting in the graphic card driver disc it sounded like it was loading it as normal but the screen still showed nothing. after i restarted it, it beeped untill i turned it off. i tryed rotateing the ram cards and as soon as i turned it on it beeped untill i switched it off, not showing anything on the screen.