Ask a question Report

BSNL 3G Data card LW272 not working in Windows 8 OS [Solved/Closed]

Hi.nilesh4u 30Posts Tuesday December 25, 2012Registration date July 27, 2014 Last seen - Latest answer on Jun 14, 2013 11:03PM
How to connect BSNL 3G Data card LW272 to PC using Windows 8 OS. Every time I try to connect it displays the message as " THE SYSTEM COULD NOT FIND PHONE BOOK ENTRY FOR THIS CONNECTION"
Is the problem due to Windows 8 OS or any other reason
Pl help
Read more 
moins plus

Try to open the BSNL Logo with right click and select the option of compatibility troubleshouter. It test the program with wndows XP (Service Pack 3) and when the program works save the settings. Next time it will use the settings.

This worked for me.

tushar- May 22, 2013 03:07PM
mramkii- May 28, 2013 01:52PM
Thank You
lokesh- May 29, 2013 07:59AM
Thank You, 100% Work
CJ...- Jun 4, 2013 04:37AM
rightly done
sunny- Jun 5, 2013 11:59PM
thanks a loooot
moins plus
Thanx Buddy

It works....

and also very surprising that when i have contacted the manufacturer for help they told me presently it wont work on windows 8 and I have to install win 7 or below. and presently their R&D is going on for WIN 8 .

I need to ask u that can BSNL 3G Data card LW272 can be use for other SIM besides BSNL, I got so many option on web but the solution they have offered didn't work ( Especially making Engineer col. to ZERO in regdit)

keshav- Apr 8, 2013 07:51AM
ya i am having same problem but i am not getting solution even after following you
chetan- May 7, 2013 10:59PM
bsnl 3G problem with error 623 - System could not find the phone book entry for this connection

pls help me

wait for u ans
Hi.nilesh4u 30Posts Tuesday December 25, 2012Registration date July 27, 2014 Last seen - May 8, 2013 09:27AM

When u right click on BSNL Desktop icon it will give the options " Troubleshoot Compatibility " and it will select the required program file from previous version of windows and will prompt you to save after that restart ur pc and try connecting.

Or other option is that go to right side of ur window and select search option and type " Run Program made for previous version of windows " and proceed as per instruction dispalyed on screen

Good Luck
vinoth- May 29, 2013 01:35AM
Right option to do the "Compatibility Test" addressed the issue. Thanks for the timely info.
abby- Jun 14, 2013 11:03PM
it damn woorked thanks
moins plus

When you first install the software the BSNL Logo and Explorer logo will appear as a shortcut on the desktop as well as in Windows 8 Start program tiles.

Now you can use the BSNL Desktop icon and rght click on it and it will give the options and chhose the copitability option.

Good Luck

jupiter- Feb 13, 2013 06:45AM
it worked for me too...thanks a lot for your help....
jo- Mar 22, 2013 11:52PM
but after doing those steps.. now whenever i connect my bsnl dongle my sound dosent work..

plz help!!!
thank you
moins plus

I Tried this.its resolved. thanqu

This document entitled « BSNL 3G Data card LW272 not working in Windows 8 OS » from CCM ( is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.