Could boot up problem be motherboard?

Solved/Closed
mazza1234 Posts 3 Registration date Sunday December 30, 2012 Status Member Last seen January 13, 2013 - Dec 30, 2012 at 05:10 AM
 Mazza1234 - Jan 13, 2013 at 08:48 AM
Hello, I have a Sony Vaio laptop model VGN NW20EF. It powers on but does not connect to operating system Windows 7 and just goes to a blue screen with a few leaves and a white bird and no command buttons. I am trying to run the windows startup repair from a disc but it has been running for over two days now - it shows a grey box with 'startup repair is checking your system for problems' and 'attempting repairs'. The hard drive worked when put into another computer. Could it be the motherboard and if so is there anything i can do to fix this or does anyone recognise these symptoms and can advise please? Thanks

Related:

1 response

Nasirseinu Posts 1 Registration date Saturday December 29, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 30, 2012 1
Dec 30, 2012 at 06:31 AM
Pls use the recovery media that came with you pc and boot your pc from it to load the important files it need let me tell u its a software problem just get your recovery disc or media thank you
It turned out to be a broken hard drive which has now been replaced, thanks for suggestions