Ask a question Report

Real Player "download this video" not working with Dailymotion [Closed]

Roberticius 1Posts Wednesday January 9, 2013Registration date January 9, 2013 Last seen - Latest answer on Dec 3, 2013 09:20PM
As of last weekend I have not been able to download any videos from Dailymotion. Real Player is properly configured, and the "Download this video" option shows whenever a video is playing, in many sites, such as Youtube, and including Dailymotion. However, the download works with all the sites I've tried except for Dailymotion - and with the latter it had worked until last week.
When I watch a video in Dailymotion and click on "Download this video", it seems to download it, even showing the progress bar. However, no matter how long the video is, the window indicates a length of 0,3 to 0,6 Mb, the "download" finishes in a couple of seconds, and of course, nothing has really been downloaded.
As far as I know, nothing has changed since last week, when downloading from Dailymotion worked.
Do you have any idea what may be happening?
Thank you very much!
Read more 

moins plus
Hello "Download with Realplayer" button is not being diplayed when i play videos from any site including youtube, FB etc. Pls help me ..

ajeet- Dec 3, 2013 09:20PM
i am unable to download video with real downloader "download this video with real player does not appear kindly help
moins plus
Hi Roberticius,

Realplayer download plug-in tends to get corrupted over time like any other software. It is recommended that you uninstall and then download and install RealPlayer from the below mentioned link and check:

Do reply with results.

Roberticius- Jan 11, 2013 05:38PM
Hi, Zohaib.

Thanks for your tip. I did as you said (removed RealPlayer from the Control Panel, download RP and installed it again) but things remained the same. Even after turning off the PC, and then back on again, there's no way I can download videos from Dailymotion. The problem seems to be with Dailymotion, because video download from, say, Youtube and other sites, keeps working like before.
AK- Feb 9, 2013 11:02AM
for downloading dailymotion vids go to
moins plus
Hi Roberticius,

There is a possibility the website might prevent you from using such plugins. If that is the case, it is recommended that you please go through the terms and conditions of the website. Also, it is recommended not to try to download any copyright content. These plugins are for you to download contents that are available for download form website for free.

If you use Mozilla Firefox there is an extension that you can use for downloading online videos. You can find this extension from the below mentioned link:

This extension is DownloadHelper. DownloadHelper does not break any real protection implemented on the sites. It gives easier access to available content that will be downloaded by your browser anyway. With some exceptions, downloaded videos must be kept on your disk for personal use and are not to be shown on other websites.

Please reply if you have any other questions.

This document entitled « Real Player "download this video" not working with Dailymotion » from CCM ( is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.