My laptop bluetooth is not working [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question kipced2013 1Posts Saturday January 12, 2013Registration date January 14, 2013 Last seen - Last answered on Oct 15, 2014 at 07:29 AM by Venkat
hello,
i recently bought a dell inspiron 3520 laptop and I am unable to use Bluetooth device ,although the Bluetooth icon is displayed in task bar when I tried to scan for Bluetooth devices it doesn't locate even the wireless network light is on also the drivers for Bluetooth are working properly.what could be the problem. thanks in advance I will appreciate your quickest response .
See more 
Helpful
+9
plus moins
Hi kipced2013,

Please uninstall the Bluetooth application completely from the "Add or Remove Programs and Features" in "Control Panel" and then download from the below mentioned link:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-15-3520
Install the application and check if the issue is fixed.

Do reply with results.
Was this answer helpful?  
kipced2013- Jan 15, 2013 at 10:46 AM
the issue is solved thank you so much Zohaib R for your solution am now able to use my wireless speakers and mouse.
Leaneth- Jan 26, 2014 at 08:12 AM
I am having the same problem with Lenovo Ideapad Z470. I can't turn on my wifi and the bluetooth is gone. Maybe because my laptop overheats. I already fixed the overheating issue but the wifi and bluetooth thing remains unsolved. Please take time to help me. Thanks

#leaneth
asad- Mar 9, 2014 at 07:21 AM
dell i5 n3537 touch, bluetooth is not pairing with any mobile in windows 8, it searches for devices but didnt find any of the device. neither it shows any enabling status. please help
Venkat- Oct 15, 2014 at 07:29 AM
Help me in the same thing Mr. Zohaib R, which I too had problem of bluetooth function... the drivers for Bluetooth are working properly.. I dnt knw what was the problem was... My lap model was Dell Vostro 1015
Helpful
+9
plus moins
dear Zohaib R

i have a problem with my bluetooth, I have an HP pavilion g6 laoptop. can you help me fix this thing? it is really driving me crazy looking for soultion to this one. I really appreciate if you'll help me out. thanks in advance.
Was this answer helpful?  
Helpful
+3
plus moins
Thanx issue resolved now
Helpful
+1
plus moins
Hi The Bee,

I am glad to know the issue has been fixed. Surely I will try to help you with the overheating problem as well. You can follow the below mentioned steps to keep your laptop cool:

1. It is recommended to use the Laptop in a Room temperature of 0°C to 35°C (32°F to 95°F) with a Humidity level no greater than 90%.
2. Use compressed air to clean the vents on a regular basis. You don't need to open the chassis to clean the vents. Sometimes the accumulated dust is not visible by simply looking at the vents. To properly clean the vents:
a. Power off the System
b. Unplug the AC Adapter
c. Remove the Battery
d. Use `Compressed Air Can' to blow the dust out of the vents. Do not use your mouth to blow the dust out of a Laptop. Use the `can' according to the directions on the side of the `can' as you can cause damage to the computer if used incorrectly.
3. Outdated BIOS can cause heat issues by having an outdated temperature table for the system. Click here to download the most updated BIOS for your Dell Inspiron 3520 System.

Note: Plug your computer to a good, working UPS before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard.

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
--
Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
Helpful
+1
plus moins
Please help. :(
I have a problem with my bluetooth too. It is connected but I can't transfer files to my phone. The problem seems to be in my laptop. So I followed your instructions above. I uninstalled my bluetooth drivers. But when I went to Dell's website, they don;t have a driver for Inspiron N5010. :(

What do I do? Thanks in advance.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
thanks so much zohaib R the issue is solved,am now able to use my Bluetooth speakers and keyboard.you are really doing great work. kipced2013
Helpful
+0
plus moins
but exactly which Driver from the list to download as there are a lot of them
Helpful
+0
plus moins
dell WLAN and bluetooth client installation
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Zohaib R

i hav the same problem with the bluetooth on dell inspiron 3520. I logged in the link you gave but never found the dell WLAN and bluetooth client. instead, I found Wi-Fi + BT Driver under Network category. Please come again!
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi The Bee,

Try downloading the driver from the below mentioned hyperlink:

Dell Wi-Fi + BT Driver for Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n

WLAN, short for Wireless Local Area Network and sometimes called Wireless LAN, is a network of computers over distances of a few hundred feet that uses high frequency radio signals to transmit and receive data. WI-FI means Wireless Fidelity. The term is actually a trademark name used to brand products that belong to a category of WLAN devices.

Hope this helps.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
susmita- Feb 17, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Thank you soooooo much for your solution regarding bluetooth. Its beyond of explanation. I was really fade up from last two days for this issue. We are really thankful.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Zohaib R, my problem is resolved. I am so appreciative of your help. My bluetooth is now on the go. Thank you so much
However, I hav a problem with my laptop being overheated. It wasn't like that when I bought it. Some time later, I formatted the Hard drive and reinstalled Windows 7. Then the overheat nature of the laptop began to show up. I don't know if you can help me with that?
Helpful
+0
plus moins
dear zohaib r.

firstly thanks my bluetooth problem is solved and secondly
i m using dell laptop and mostly my work is on mailings as I m a working and studying. so I want to start my mailings in microsoft outlook 2007. but it is again and again asking for microsoft exchange server, my question is what I have to do now to start this, will you able to help me in this matter?

revert me as soon as you can....
your kind reply will be appreciated.....
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi BARKHA DULANI,

I am glad to know the issue with the Bluetooth has been fixed.

I will try to assist you with the outlook issue. Please go through the below mentioned article from Microsoft:

How to setup Internet email accounts in Outlook 2007 or 2003

This article is about adding your Internet email accounts in Outlook 2007.

Hope this will help.

Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi
I am also facing same problem with my samsung NP300E5C laptop.
Actually I am downgraded from windows 8 to windows 7 because my company software's are not compatible with windows 8.

Can you plz solve this problem

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?