My cd & dvd drive is not recognised [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question thillai.vr46 6Posts Sunday January 20, 2013Registration date February 2, 2013 Last seen - Last answered on Feb 2, 2013 at 11:02 AM by Zohaib R
Hey some one pls help me . I installed windows 8 , in it my cd drive is not been recognised. When I open my computer it doesnt show cd drive while if I insert any disc then also it is not showing . pls help...
See more 
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi thillai.vr46,

Please try the below mentioned steps and check if this helps:

1. Check in the BIOS (System Setup) if the Optical Drive (CD/DVD Drive) is detected and is enabled. For steps on how to get to BIOS and make changes refer to the User's Manual of the Motherboard or the system.
2. If the Optical Drive is not shown in the BIOS, load BIOS defaults (or Optimized Settings).
3. If the Optical Drive is still not detected in the BIOS, reseat the Optical Drive Data Cable and Power Cable. (Note: Before this step is performed remove any power connections and external devices, safely remove the chassis cover and locate the Optical Drive).
4. If the Optical Drive is still not detected, try a different Optical Drive Data Cable (you can use the one from the Hard Drive, if the cables are same).
5. If there are no results yet, connect the Optical drive to a different port on the motherboard.
6. After performing steps 1 through 5, if the Optical Drive is not detected replace the Optical Drive.
Note: if you are not comfortable opening the computer chassis, take a technician's help.
7. If the Optical Drive is detected in the BIOS but not in Windows, run the below mentioned fix from Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/
8. If the Optical Drive is still not detected in Windows only, update the latest firmware for the Optical Drive. You can find the latest firmware on your computer manufacturer's website, drivers CD or from the Optical Drive manufacturer's website.
9. If still the Optical Drive is not detected in Windows only, Restore your computer to an earlier date (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-back-time-on-your-PC-Undo-system-changes-with-System-Restore ).
10. If the issue is still not fixed, do an Operating System Reinstallation.

Do reply with results.
thillai.vr46 6Posts Sunday January 20, 2013Registration date February 2, 2013 Last seen - Jan 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Thanks for your support I will reply you in 1 week.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi thillai.vr46,

I will await your response. Please do write back to us.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
My OS is Windows 8. Will this method be correct for my pc.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi thillai.vr46,

For Microsoft Fixit mentioned in Step 7, use the below mentioned link, this works in Windows 8:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

In Windows 8 "System Restore" works a little differently. Please check the below mentioned link for details on System Restore mentioned in Step 9:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
Rest of the steps goes fine with Windows 8.

Do reply with results.
thillai.vr46 6Posts Sunday January 20, 2013Registration date February 2, 2013 Last seen - Jan 24, 2013 at 02:30 AM
I downloaded the troubleshoot from the link above but it still not working.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi thillai.vr46,

If you performed steps 1 through 5 in my first response and still the Optical Drive (CD/DVD Drive) is not detected, kindly contact the Optical Drive Manufacturer for repair/replacement.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
Helpful
+0
plus moins
I have Intel pentium dual core. Now I wanted to play higher games such as Gta4, Black ops 2 ....

Now my doubt is Either to change my whole motherboard to latest one or It is enough to put a Graphics card . Reply ....
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi thillai.vr46,

Please check the minimum requirements for the games you want to play. If your computer meets these requirements only by upgrading the Video Card no need to change the motherboard.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?