Power Save mode came on and does not go away

Closed
Jay - Feb 14, 2009 at 12:32 PM
 rino - Aug 1, 2011 at 01:47 AM
Hello,

I turned on my computer and instead of windows coming on there is a box floating on my screen that says "Attention on signal check input signal connection or follow power save mode has been enabled". I have checked all my connections and seems okay but the screen does not come on even though the computer sounds like it is on.

Please help.

Thanks,
Jay
Related:

9 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 14, 2009 at 04:42 PM
Are you sure it doesn't say "Attention no signal check input signal connection"? This error message is displayed by the monitor when it does not detect an input signal. The PC is NOT sending a signal to the monitor. Check your cable connections - then you might remove the video card and replace it. (with the PC unplugged). Just about anything past this stage requires a PC technician to fix. Good Luck
My computer shuts down if it sits idile for just 30 seconds it go into energy saver mode. how do I fix this?
Thanks for this forum. It helps me a lot in solving the same problem. I've just cleaned the dust, removed the cord from the memory card and used eraser damping it on into the memory card.
My new screen turns off after about 30min. saying analog power saving mode and will not come back on?
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 14, 2009 at 06:55 PM
I assume that this is a desktop PC and not a laptop. (if it's a laptop - take it in for repair - there is nothing you can do)
Trace the video cable back to the PC. The cable can be plugged into two things:
1. a socket on the motherboard near where the keyboard and mouse sockets are
2. a socket on a video card this is in turn plugged into the motherboard (removed from the area of the other sockets).

If you have the second configuration you can remove the case cover - remove the monitor cable - remove the screw holding the video card - remove the video card - dust it off - replace card - reverse the steps and reassemble the PC.
Restart the PC.

If this doesn't work then it's time to take the PC to a repair shop.

Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
xpcman,

thank you for your help. You are right, it is "no" not "on".

I have checked the connections and they seem to be okay. where would the video card be and what does it look like?

Jay
Hello again xpcman,

It seems like the video card is integrated in motherboard. It is Elitegroup Mainboard. I have attached the link for specs.

What do you suggest?? Thank you in advance.

Jay
I had this problem with a Viewsonic which did it on both a desktop and a laptop. New monitor works with both, so it was a bad monitor.
If your computer has a Video card (not the onboard type), try pulling the video card out of the slot and plugging it back. I have just done this on a computer and it solved the problem. I'm not saying that it will solve your problem but if you haven't done it yet it may solve your problem.
Feb 14, 2009 at 09:06 PM
I would test the monitor with another computer and test your computer with a different monitor. If the monitor proves to be good you are dealing with a dead video chip on the motherboard or a dead motherboard. You could have a repair shop take a look - one option might be to add a video card to the computer.
I only have a laptop PC. Will I be able to do what you have instructed on my laptop?

jay
iristub > Jay
Jan 30, 2010 at 09:40 AM
hi jay,
(how) did you solve this problem? i've got the same lg-screen, it works only for a few seconds (on different computers), then it turns into the 'analog power saving mode'

iris