DELL laptop showing black screen after start [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question ritwik 3Posts Sunday January 27, 2013Registration date January 28, 2013 Last seen - Last answered on Apr 3, 2014 at 01:25 AM by Krish
Hello,

I have a problem in my DELL VOSTRO 1088. It is turning on and then the screen is going blank and black after showing the windows logo. My laptop was running well and suddenly this problem occurred. I turned off the laptop forcefully, and from then I am facing this problem. I have some important documents in my C drive where the windows is installed. So I can't format it also. Please help me and give me any solution from which I can turn my laptop properly again and do the works again properly. Thank you,
See more 
Helpful
+203
moins plus
Hello,

Try this 1

1) When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get

"Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and

keep tapping the F8 key)

2) Select the option "Last Known Good Configuration".

If the problem still exists then follow the step 1 and this time select the option

"Safe Mode". Check if you are able to boot into Safe Mode.

Good Luck
rahul- Mar 10, 2014 at 01:16 AM
Thankx..it worked
shitalansu- Mar 10, 2014 at 02:47 AM
last known configuration is not working for me....neither I can log on with the safe mode

same problem is showing in the safe mode.....and I cannot repair or sysyem restore as no restore point is created .......what to do plzzzzz help..plzzzzzz
Ambucias 36987Posts mardi 2 février 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus January 20, 2017 Last seen - Mar 10, 2014 at 06:31 AM
@shitalansu

I strongly suggest you restore your computer to factory settings.
Z- Mar 23, 2014 at 01:03 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! It's helped a lot !
Waeelo- Mar 25, 2014 at 04:20 PM
Thanx a lot, it worked with me without loosing any data, this is great!
Helpful
+68
moins plus
press f10
Krish- Apr 3, 2014 at 01:25 AM
Thank you
Helpful
+33
moins plus
Hi lulubelle,

I am sorry for the inconvenience; let me try to help you in this situation. This thread was opened for "Dell Vostro 1088" Laptop; do you have the same System Model Number? If not, please reply with the exact System Model Number of your Laptop, so that I can suggest the steps of troubleshooting. Moreover, in your reply please add the exact symptoms your computer exhibits (such as the LEDs displaying any pattern, any beeps heard, Dell Logo appears or not, response from keyboard, optical drive ejecting, etc.).

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
Helpful
+22
moins plus
Hi mohd danish,

Please try to boot to the Safe Mode and check if you can get the Windows Desktop. To boot to the Safe Mode:

1. Power on/restart the computer and start hitting the F8 key as soon as the Dell Logo appears.
2. Advance Boot Menu will appear. If the menu doesn't appear once, repeat step one again.

Please let us know in your reply if you are able to boot to the Safe Mode.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
lulubelle- Oct 8, 2013 at 09:54 AM
I'm going Crazeeeee...I have tried all of what you have said and it still goes back to the black screen and cursor!!"" Help
kk- Oct 31, 2013 at 03:58 PM
My situation was worse (Dell Insipiron)-started with black screen, then just kept quickly shutting off, although the backlight stayed on. The F8 approach above worked! After much persistence. Thank you!
I suspect it may have resulted from a battery overheat situation?
Helpful
+16
moins plus
Hi thank you the f8 worked & go to last configuration worked for me. Thank you really appreciated your help.
Helpful
+8
moins plus
Hi Merhaba,

Please check the link below I have responded to your post:

http://ccm.net/forum/affich-707662-dell-studio-1458-black-screen-problem#p708240

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
Helpful
+8
moins plus
Hi Fairy123,

I am glad to know the fix provided in the forum worked for you. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further queries.

Helpful
+7
moins plus
Hi Merhaba,

What is the exact nature of the problem, please mention in detail? The initial problem reported by ritwik was that the computer would show black screen after Windows Logo. Are you facing the same problem? Moreover, have you tried the steps suggested by jack4rall?

Merhaba 3Posts Friday June 21, 2013Registration date June 25, 2013 Last seen - Jun 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Screen goes black with some chase board square patterns. I have tried reformat and repair through repair disk but nothing. I have also install a free hardware monitor software and noticed the processors' tempetature reached 100 degree Celsius. It is normal?

I have gone through what has been suggested and got only warning for the battery replacement. all passed the test.
Suddenly I have noticed the light next to the power plug on my Dell studio 1458 laptop is off while still the LED light of the charger is on.
Do you any idea may be the problem is related to this?

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?