Ask a question Report

To get audio out from laptop while HDMI used [Solved/Closed]

michealjohn 2Posts Sunday February 3, 2013Registration date February 5, 2013 Last seen - Latest answer on Mar 4, 2015 03:32PM
Hello,
I am using HP Pavilion dm4 laptop. Today I have bought 23 inch LED Samsung(S23B350) monitor which has 1 HDMI and 1 VG]. No inbuilt speaker with monitor.
I have connected my laptop with Samsung through the Hdmi. Since Samsung monitor don't have the speaker there is no audio. I am trying to take the audio out from my laptop and connecting to my hi-fi system and there is no audio in my hi-fi.
But if I am connections my laptop to monitor thru VGA, laptop audio out is working and audio is coming in the hi-fi speakers...
Please help to advice how to get the audio from laptop while using hdmi for monitor..
Read more 
Answer
+41
moins plus
Hi michealjohn,

Try to disable the "High Definition Audio" from the "Playback devices". To get steps on how to disable the "High Definition Audio" from the "Playback devices", please check the below mentioned link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953500

Do reply with results.

Try to be nicer next time- Mar 1, 2015 12:27AM
Mr Ticked you are an ungrateful jerk.
stewbud- Dec 23, 2014 04:15PM
that worked great - thanks!
epson 2015- Jan 25, 2015 12:44AM
it worked! Thank you!
jamerszz- Mar 1, 2015 12:44PM
Thank you it worked for me!
Julie- Mar 4, 2015 03:32PM
Thank you so much!!!! It worked like a charm :O) I am thrilled. :O)
Answer
+2
moins plus
Hi Zohaib,
You saved my day!!! Thanks a lot...
Now audio is coming out and I am able to connect to hi-fi..with HDMI connected from Laptop to Monitor..
I have disabled High Definition Audio...as per the support link..
Thanks so much once again..:)

Answer
+1
moins plus
Me too - thank you both sooooo much!

Answer
+0
moins plus
I've been suffering with the same problem. It worked!! Thanks for the help!!

Answer
+0
moins plus
I had the same issue with Windows 8. Zohaib R's suggested link was very helpful. The trouble shooting was essentially the same. THANK YOU!

Answer
+0
moins plus
Thank you for the help

Answer
+0
moins plus
Thanks so much!

Answer
+0
moins plus
Thank you! It worked for me, too.

This document entitled « To get audio out from laptop while HDMI used » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.