To get audio out from laptop while HDMI used

Solved/Closed
michealjohn Posts 2 Registration date Sunday February 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2013 - Feb 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM
 JillHelmers - Dec 5, 2018 at 05:07 PM
Hello,

I am using HP Pavilion dm4 laptop. Today I have bought 23 inch LED Samsung(S23B350) monitor which has 1 HDMI and 1 VG]. No inbuilt speaker with monitor.

I have connected my laptop with Samsung through the Hdmi. Since Samsung monitor don't have the speaker there is no audio. I am trying to take the audio out from my laptop and connecting to my hi-fi system and there is no audio in my hi-fi.

But if I am connections my laptop to monitor thru VGA, laptop audio out is working and audio is coming in the hi-fi speakers...

Please help to advice how to get the audio from laptop while using hdmi for monitor..
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Updated on Nov 29, 2018 at 03:35 PM
Hi michealjohn,

Try to disable the "High Definition Audio" from the "Playback devices".

Do reply with results.

michealjohn Posts 2 Registration date Sunday February 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 at 01:09 PM
Hi Zohaib,
You saved my day!!! Thanks a lot...
Now audio is coming out and I am able to connect to hi-fi..with HDMI connected from Laptop to Monitor..
I have disabled High Definition Audio...as per the support link..
Thanks so much once again..:)
I've been suffering with the same problem. It worked!! Thanks for the help!!