Please try these generic troubleshooting steps and see if this fixes the issue:
1. Some computers have a touchpad disable and enable hot key, refer to User's Manual of your laptop to see if your computer has this hot key and how to use it. (When your computer does not have the hot key or the hot key did not correct the issue proceed to the next step.)
2. Turn off the computer (when the touchpad does not respond hold the power button down for up to 15 seconds to turn off the computer).
3. Unplug everything except the power cord (AC Adapter).
4. Power on the computer and retest the touchpad. If the touchpad still does not work correctly proceed to the next step.
5. Make sure the latest driver for the touchpad is installed (you may need to use a external USB or Bluetooth mouse to install the drivers).
6. In addition to these troubleshooting steps, please refer to the Microsoft Knowledge Base article mentioned below:
Do reply with results.