Lexmark Prtr and HP Cmptr intermittant USB Com. problem.

Solved/Closed
pops72 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 21, 2013 - Feb 20, 2013 at 01:27 PM
pops72 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 21, 2013 - Feb 21, 2013 at 07:11 PM
Hello, I recently purchased a Lexmark Pro750 because my HP died. Lexmark has been helping me install it but my HP Computer with Win7 does not allow me to select it as the "default" printer-USB connected. I can at times print using the print command with the "File"...print routine;but I have to at times do a copy and then install the copy on MSOffice and print it from there. Lexmark has proved their printer prints, scans and prints p[hoto's using the memory card input for photo's.I hesitate reinstalling win7 because of the prep prior to the reinstall.I joined this board to ask for some good workarounds. Thanx pops72/82

Related:

5 responses

pops72 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Hi Jack,I hope this is the proper place to answer your question of what error message is given when I try to assign a default printer. The following is the error message:
"Operation could not be completed "error 0x00000709) double check the printers name and make sure the printer's name and make sure the printer is connected to the network."
I greatly appreciate any suggestions other then re-installing the operating system.
Thanks again...pops72 otherwise known as Jim.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Feb 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Greetings,
Let us know the error message you are getting when trying to set the Lexmark printer as Default.
Regards
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Feb 21, 2013 at 03:53 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Uninstall your previous printer drivers completely and then reinstall your

new printer drivers.

2) If the problem still exists then check the permission in the Windows Registry.

Click on Start --> In search box, type regedt32 and press Enter.

"Registry Editor" will be opened. First back your registry by clicking on "File -->

Export and save the file with any name in desired location.

Now at the left side navigate to the below location.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER --> Software --> Microsoft --> Windows NT -->

CurrentVersion -->Windows. Now right-click on the "Windows" folder and select

"Permissions". Make sure that administrator and your user account are having

"Full Control" permission.

Restart your Print Spooler Service. Click on Start --> In search box, type

services.msc and press Enter. "Services" window will be opened. Scroll down for

the service named "Print Spooler". Right-click on it and select the "Restart".

Good Luck
pops72 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 at 09:00 AM
Hi Jack, I am at work and will try it immediately when I get home this afternoon. Thanks for the work and reply's..pops72

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Feb 21, 2013 at 07:11 PM
I thank you Jack for the above procedure you sent. It works fine-I have selected the default printer and have printed out numerous documents to verify it works thru the spectrum of S/W characteristics. I really appreciate your time and effort in helping me and I hope someday I am able to do the same for some other person having problems...Jim/pops72