Having issues with CD drive on my Acer Aspire 7750-6423

Closed
logigirl Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday March 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 5, 2013 - Mar 5, 2013 at 09:02 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Mar 6, 2013 at 02:14 PM
Hello,
My Acer Apire 7750-6423 laptop is less than 1 year old & the CD drive just stopped working. It sounds like it wants to start up/spins & then does nothing. I tried to open the CD drive thru My Computer & it will not open. When I run the diagnostic it says that there is nothing wrong with the CD drive. Help ??? Please? Anyone?

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 6, 2013 at 02:14 PM
Hi,

Please try the below mentioned steps and check if this helps:

1. Check in the BIOS (System Setup) if the Optical Drive (CD/DVD Drive) is detected and is enabled. For steps on how to get to BIOS and make changes refer to the User's Manual of the system.
2. If the Optical Drive is not shown in the BIOS, load BIOS defaults (or Optimized Settings).
3. If the Optical Drive is still not detected in the BIOS, reseat the Optical. (Note: Before this step is performed remove any power connections and external devices, safely remove the chassis cover and locate the Optical Drive).
4. After performing steps 1 through 3, if the Optical Drive is not detected replace the Optical Drive.
Note: if you are not comfortable opening the computer chassis, take a technician's help.
5. If the Optical Drive is detected in the BIOS but not in Windows, run the below mentioned fix from Microsoft:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2970908/how-to-use-microsoft-easy-fix-solutions
6. If the Optical Drive is still not detected in Windows only, update the latest firmware for the Optical Drive. You can find the latest firmware on your computer manufacturer's website, drivers CD or from the Optical Drive manufacturer's website.
7. If still the Optical Drive is not detected in Windows only, Restore your computer to an earlier date (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US ).
8. If the issue is still not fixed, do an Operating System Reinstallation.

Do reply with results.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell