Realplayer (InternetExplorer9, Windows7) video downloads FLV

Closed
SidCharming Posts 1 Registration date Saturday March 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 9, 2013 - Mar 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 9, 2013 at 05:38 PM
Hello,

I am helping my father with an issue that seems to be greater than options. He was able to use Realplayer to download video files successfully in the past. Something happened (not sure of the how and why) but it now only downloads video files in FLV format ONLY. I've changed to MP4 and other formats but the output ends up being FLV files. We've tried uninstalling Realplayer, perform registry clean, re-install Realplayer but the result is the same... only FLV files. Anyone else experience this type of issue? I am certain something is corrupt, but figured uninstalling and doing registry cleanup would have resolved any faulty files.

His goal is to use RealPlayer (b/c that's what he knows) do download video clips (YouTube or non YouTube).

Side note... the FLV files when attempting to open with (Default player) RealPlayer... you only get audio, no video and the window is locked (forcing Task Manager to kill RealPlayer session).

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Mar 9, 2013 at 05:38 PM
Hello,

Most if not all video files from Youtube are uploaded in .flv because they take less space and are faster yet of poorer quality.

No matter how or with what you try to download, they will end up in .flv once downloaded.

Once downloaded the files must be converted to the format you wish, ie MP4, avi., etc.

On Google or in the Kioskea download section you will find video converters but must are shareware which means that you must purchase a license to use it.

Let me know

Regards