Laptop not working

Solved/Closed
Dekayed Posts 7 Registration date Monday March 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 20, 2013 - Mar 18, 2013 at 05:10 PM
Dekayed Posts 7 Registration date Monday March 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 20, 2013 - Mar 18, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Hello,
I reset my laptop back to factory settings but now my laptop wont start up. The power button will have a light on it but nothing shows up on the screen. When i put my ear to my laptop i heard the fan going off and on. Can someone here help me please? Thanks. Sorry for the grammar but I wasn't originally born in America. Thanks.
Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 18, 2013 at 07:05 PM
Hi Dekayed,

Your description of the problem indicates that the computer is failing to initialize. ThinkPad X100e beeps once when started. Do you hear this beep? If No beep is heard, power-on indicator is on and LCD is blank, try these steps:

1. During the course of troubleshooting if you removed/reseated any component or connections, ensure that every connector is connected tightly and correctly.
2. Reseat DIMM or Memory Modules.
3. To find steps on how to reseat the memory modules please refer to the Service Manual on page number 56:
https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/63y0640_02.pdf

Note: The steps above require you to reseat the components by removing the system cover/taking apart the chassis. Please perform these steps only if you are comfortable else seek a technician's help. Also, refer to the Service Manual for accurate steps and safety instructions.

Do reply with results.
Yes I have tried reseating the memory module already. Also I noticed that there isnt a beep upon start up. Do you know what I should do after i reseated the memory modules? Thank you. BTW I am currently using my phone and i didnt log in so I am using a guest name right now.
Dekayed Posts 7 Registration date Monday March 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 20, 2013
Mar 18, 2013 at 11:59 PM
OMG nvm. I am speaking from my laptop and it is working fine. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I seriously appreciate your help.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 18, 2013 at 05:30 PM
Hi Dekayed,

Please try the below mentioned simple steps and check if this fixes the problem.

1. Power off the computer.
2. Disconnect all power connections to the computer.
3. Remove all peripherals and external devices such as monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.
4. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then release. This will release any Flea Power or Static Electricity stored in the computer.
5. Put the connections back and check if the issue still remains.
6. If the issue is not fixed, in your reply please include the exact System Model Number of your Laptop.

Do reply with results.
alphysudaria143 Posts 4 Registration date Monday February 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2013
Mar 18, 2013 at 07:07 PM
Hello,

This is what exactly what I need. Thanks for posting it here. Thanks also for this question I found this answer it here :)

Cheers
Dekayed Posts 7 Registration date Monday March 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 20, 2013
Mar 18, 2013 at 05:34 PM
Sorry, I should've mentioned that I have already tried the method you stated and my laptop remained the same. I have a lenevo thinkpad x100e. I appreciate you helping me.