Connecting ipod to laptop = Usb device not recognized

Ask a question blmftw 2Posts Friday March 29, 2013Registration date March 29, 2013 Last seen - Last answered on Mar 29, 2013 at 01:57 PM by blmftw
Hello,

My sister brought over her ipod touch because she forgot her password and wanted me to restore it for her. When I plug the ipod into my laptop I get a message saying, "USB Device not recognized." I've updated all of my drivers and I've updated Itunes. When I plug in a keyboard and mouse they both work fine. When I plug the ipod into my ps3 it will charge so its not a problem with the usb cable. I've been to the device manager and disabled the "Allow computer to turn off this device to conserve power" option as well. I've been sitting here for hours and haven't found anything remotely helpful.

Regards
See more 
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Hello

After plugging in the device, go to device manager (In run type "devmgmt.msc") In Device manager go to "Universal serial bus controllers" It should list the storage devices that you have connected to your PC. Right click and then click "Uninstall. Remove the USB drive and restart your system.
Try connecting the device again. I think this should solve the problem.
blmftw 2Posts Friday March 29, 2013Registration date March 29, 2013 Last seen - Mar 29, 2013 at 01:57 PM
It didn't :(
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?