Can't get my computer out of safe mode [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question welder53 1Posts Saturday March 30, 2013Registration date March 30, 2013 Last seen - Last answered on Jul 7, 2017 at 05:29 PM by Shafi
Hello,

My Dell Inspiron 1750 laptop running Windows 7 will only boot up into safe mode and I can't get the system to restore to a previous point. How do I get out of safe mode and fully operational again? This situation apparently came out of an automatic update to the system installed over night as the computer was fine when I went to bed and was locked in safe mode when I got up .... Can anyone speak to this situation with the fix?

Thanks,

welder53
See more 
Helpful
+42
plus moins
Hi welder53,

Please try the below mentioned steps and check if the computer boots normally:

1. Click "Start".
2. Click "Run".
3. Type "msconfig" and hit "Enter".
4. Click the "Boot" tab at the top.
5. Uncheck the "Safe boot" option.
6. Click "Apply" and then click "OK".
7. Restart the computer, it should boot normally now.

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
Anne- May 27, 2016 at 10:09 AM
THANK YOU, Zohaib R
I have been frustrated trying to get out of the Safe mode for an hour. You knew the quick and right way to do it. Thanks again
Jayanta- Jun 7, 2016 at 02:01 PM
I had formatted c drive and the computer has gone to safe mode. Followed all the above procedure but could not get out of safe mode. Please help
AlmaDR 2Posts Monday July 4, 2016Registration date July 4, 2016 Last seen - Jul 4, 2016 at 05:12 AM
I have followed your steps and done a recovery and still my pc is all stretched out as though in Safe Mode. Running Windows 7 Professional. When I boot up it tells me there was a problem starting c:\Program Files\HP\HP Officejet 6500 E710a-f\bin\HPStatusBL.dll I no longer have this printer scanner machine attached to my pc, we bought a new one and installed it the usual way. Could this be causing an issue the safe mode appearance issue?
Wilbur- Apr 12, 2017 at 08:48 AM
Thanks; it worked fine.
Shafi- Jul 7, 2017 at 05:29 PM
Thanks, it worked
Helpful
+4
plus moins
Thanks, finally works once I followed those EXACT steps. Once you hit APPLY go directly to START and then directly to RESTART. I was doing the steps above but after I originally pressed APPLY I would go and click a few other buttons just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Doing this somehow nullified what I just "APPLIED". So again, DIRECTLY to RESTART.
stealth- Mar 24, 2016 at 10:58 PM
You are amazing
GG- Apr 25, 2016 at 09:34 AM
you saved me, thanks!

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?