Facebook (only) display links (only - no data/images)

Closed
proparanoid Posts 2 Registration date Saturday April 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 13, 2013 - Apr 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM
proparanoid Posts 2 Registration date Saturday April 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 13, 2013 - Apr 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Lion OS, any browser, one computer only.

Same day, Safari and Chrome stopped displaying html at FB. Question marks for images, text all aligns left one column, the only text displayed are links. All is on a pale blue background. The login fields display and work but when using their are no other input fields (e.g., posting, search) and no data, again just question marks and links.

The nature of the issue makes using HELP function impossible, no way to contact FB, of course.

Web research indicates others have had FB display problems in Mac/PC and all browsers, but no one has described THIS particular visual (though most made no effort to describe). Regardless, NO FIX that worked for them works for me:

Clearing cache/cookies/turning off plug ins and various options, resetting DNS, router configs, reinstalls. One clue is that if I go to another computer to log in, FB asks if I want to register the browser. Never seen that before. I answer no and I get in. I'm afraid to answer yes.

I'd particularly like to know if anyone else has ever seen that message or this problem, and if so, are you an activist or politically incorrect person - as I AM: I have been very critical of Fascist Book tactics and I'm harboring the notion this is a denial of service tactic - after posting about FB shutting down activist sites critical of government or anti gun grabbing, etc..

1 response

proparanoid Posts 2 Registration date Saturday April 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 13, 2013
Apr 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Also tried installing a new browser (Firefox). No go.