Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Solved/Closed
kajishion Posts 3 Registration date Saturday April 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 25, 2013 - Apr 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM
 Sila - Feb 2, 2018 at 05:47 AM
PLEASE HELP!! I've been encountering this error lately. Every time I open a window and browse through the folders, I get this error message:

" Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. "

And when I click the link that contains the error report, I find these:

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: wmvcore.dll
ModVer: 10.0.0.3706 Offset: 0007af61

If I click the "Don't Send" button on the error message, all the opened windows then crashes and I'm back from the start again..

But If I try to ignore the message by moving the error window/message in a corner and just continue browsing, a Dr.Watson Postmortem error message then appears and freezes my desktop. I tried to terminate Drwtsn32.exe in the task manager, but It just goes back to start again..

What do I do with this? I've already tried System Restore in normal mode & in Safe Mode but its still the same..

Related:

4 responses

binumanamboor
Jun 12, 2013 at 05:36 AM
go to start -> run and type "regsvr32 /u vsfilter.dll" (without the quotes) and press enter. then nothing happened except a message stating expired or something, then Go to start -> run and type - regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll click OK. Please let me know your problem solved or not leave a reply
Thnx a lot man this indeed solved my problem
Thanks Dear... Though I didn't post this problem but I have been benefited by the solution provided by You... Thanks again.