Three beeps then computer restarts and does the same again.

Closed
rdc233 Posts 2 Registration date Monday April 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 16, 2013 - Apr 15, 2013 at 03:21 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 17, 2013 at 12:35 AM
I've tested the ram, and cleaned it. I have also checked the leyboard (http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm). I know now that I might have to flash bios, but how am I supposed to do it? The screen won't come on since the computer only turns on for a few seconds, I found this (https://ccm.net/forum/affich-653399-3-beeps-no-display-on-monitor thread which said they had to flash bios. But for the life of me I can't figure out how. (Sorry if there is something unclear, just post if it is and i'll edit it in).
(First edit), I already have the bios flash thing loaded on a flash drive which I used rufus to make loading friendly so that won't be a problem. Also I have a masi b75a g43 military motherboard.
Another thing that might be important to add is that the sound is still there even when I take out the RAM.

I'm now thinking it might be the dimm sockets, how do I check this?
Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 16, 2013 at 02:48 AM
Hi rdc233,

Trying to flash the BIOS for this issue is not a good step as the computer is not completing POST (Power On Self Test).

Beep codes are different for different BIOS versions. "msi B75A-G43" motherboard comes with "AMI BIOS". For this BIOS three beeps means there has been a base memory read/write test error. Replacing the RAM usually solves this AMI beep code.

As you suspect the slots on the motherboard is bad, this can be verified by installing known good memory modules into the slots. If you can get known good memory modules, please try to install the memory modules into the slots to verify if the slots are good.

Please revert for clarification.