When I insert my pendrive it says format

Solved/Closed
vivek - Updated by Jeff on 3/12/16 at 12:26 PM
 madhan - Jan 31, 2016 at 11:51 PM
Hello,
wen I insert my pen drive asking formate but after giveng formating ok the formate is not completed

Related:

5 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Hi vivek,

Please use "HDD LLF Low Level Format Tool" to format the pen drive. This tool will help you to format the pen drive using "Low Level Format Technique". You can download this tool from the below mentioned link:

http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low-Level-Format-Tool/HDDLLF.4.25.exe

Do reply with results.
great !!! its working !!!! nice software .......:)
excellent it is working nice if pendrive is currupted
HiVikek

...Awesome it worked...Thank you so much
then what about data
thanks
R.PAVAN KARTHIK Posts 6 Registration date Saturday December 7, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 7, 2013
Dec 7, 2013 at 04:27 AM
then your pendrive is damaged and it can't be repaired
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 20, 2013 at 02:25 AM
Hi vivek,

Try the below mentioned steps and check if you are able to format the pen drive:

1. Shutdown your computer.
2. Insert USB Memory Stick into your computer.
3. Power on the computer and then immediately start tapping (F8) key then "Advanced Boot Options" screen will come up.
4. Select "Safe Mode with Command Prompt".
5. After booting to Safe Mode with Command Prompt, if your USB Memory Stick drive letter is (G) for example, then type:
G: and press enter
6. Then type:
format G: and press enter
7. If it asks you (Y/N) then press (Y) and press enter
8. This will do a full format of the Pen Drive.

Note: All the files in the Pen Drive will be removed after Format, so please backup all the data in the Pen Drive before formatting.

Do reply with results.
I tr aide several time but it is not working
hello, I want to recover data in pen drive, when I open it, it shows that pen drive not accessible and straight away it asks to format, which I cannot as I have impt data of my office, if I loose it I might loose my job, plssssssssssssssss help
Says cannot open volume for direct open after type format G: In safe mode with command promt
hi Pen drive is asking format a disk but there is a data in pendrive how to backup the data......and how to open it please help me
Jun 30, 2013 at 07:52 AM
Hi karan,

Try the steps in the below mentioned link and reply with results:

How I Fixed a Corrupted USB Drive Flash Asking to Be Formatted

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
My pen drive having data
when I attach to computer
a msg of format comes on the screen
I cannot format it because the data
plz tell me any solution
my email id is
***@***
thnx
my phone number is 9872647680
its working thanks dude
y pen drive having data