Micro SDHC can't format, non accesible, media protected help pls

Closed
augeacc35 Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 20, 2013 - Apr 19, 2013 at 09:10 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 23, 2013 at 01:49 AM
Hello,

I have been formatted my 4gb micro sd hc card to NTFS and when I try to format it back (to FAT35), I'am getting many types of errors: K:\ is not accessible, Error Performing Inpage Operation; Windows was unable to format; Media is write protected. I'am using usb adapter and when I tryed to format with SDFormatter I shoved: The Memory card is write-protected Please release the write protect switch.( how can It be if it's usb adapter?) I tryed everything from mcd to HP USB Disc Storage format tool.
Please help anyone!!! :(
Related:

3 responses

augeacc35 Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 20, 2013 2
Apr 20, 2013 at 03:50 AM
I used my sdhc with sd(the big) adapted in my laptop(other computer) and It finaly open it, but I can't do anything besouse card media is write-protected. Of course I switched my button up to unlock, but nothing works. I was formating my card to NTSC besouse my friend wanted to write windows from It and it's not possible if card format is FAT or FAT32. Please give me a solution. p.s. sorry for my bad English
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 23, 2013 at 01:49 AM
Hi augeacc35,

If any of your friends have "Linux" Operating System on their computer, you can try using "Gparted" to format the "SDHC card". Some of the users tried this and it worked for them. You can download "Gparted" by clicking here and you can find instructions on how to use "Gparted" in Linux by clicking here

Try this and check if this fixes the problem.

Do reply with results.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 20, 2013 at 02:10 AM
Hi augeacc35,

Please check if SD card has a write-protect switch on the card. Please click here to see an image of the write protect switch.

To eliminate the other hardware related possibility, I would like to mention that SD and SDHC cards work in fundamentally different ways. An SD card reader cannot read an SDHC card. You will need an SDHC card reader.

I would like to know how you carried out the process of formatting the SDHC card to NTFS. Also, if your card came with a device, try to format it using that device.

Please do write back to us.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell