Toshiba Portage M800 not booting

Closed
PNB Posts 2 Registration date Saturday April 20, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 20, 2013 - Apr 20, 2013 at 01:06 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 24, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Hi,

My Toshiba Portage M800 was running on Windows Vista. I have formatted and installed Windows 7 64 Bit. Installation went on well and everything was fine. I have created new HDD partition from unallocated HDD space using windows disc management. I shut down the lap top. When restated after 6 hours, it does not boots up by windows. I tried with bootable CD also. It never boots up. I am able to go to bios settings using F2. Also I am able to go to boot menu using F10. But the laptop never boots up. I have tried with different bootable CD. Still the problem is same.

Please someone help me.

Thanks PNB

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 20, 2013 at 01:18 AM
Hi PNB,

May I know the exact symptoms of the problem? You have mentioned "When restated after 6 hours, it does not boots up by windows", does any error message appears when not Booting to Windows? What does the screen look like (for example blinking cursor in the top left, any error messages such as "Operating System not found", etc.)? Is the Hard Drive detected in the BIOS?

Please do write back to us.
PNB Posts 2 Registration date Saturday April 20, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 at 01:30 AM
Hi Zohaib,

Thank you for your attention.

There is no any error massages. Only black screen. HDD and DVD drives are detected in the BIOS.

Best Regards,
PNB
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 24, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Hi PNB,

Sorry for the delayed response. As you have mentioned that you can enter BIOS and you are able to see that the Hard Drive and the Optical Drive in the BIOS. This is a symptom of No Boot which means the computer is not able to load the Operating System. Try the below mentioned steps and check if this helps:

1. Try loading the "BIOS Defaults". (Refer to the laptop's user's manual for steps on how to load "BIOS Defaults".)
2. If the computer is still showing the blank screen after initial startup screen, check if you can access the "Advanced Boot Menu" (Start tapping the F8 key on the keyboard after you see the initial startup screen to enter "Advanced Boot Menu"). If you can access the "Advanced Boot Menu", try booting to "Safe Mode".
3. If the computer doesn't show the "Advanced Boot Menu", take a technician's help and reseat the Hard Drive. You can refer to the Service Manual for steps on how to reseat the Hard Drive.

Do reply with results.