One partition of my hard drive disappeared

Solved/Closed
P K Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 30, 2013 - Updated on Jun 8, 2017 at 05:35 AM
 ShamemAhmad - Jan 23, 2019 at 10:20 AM
2 days before I installed windows 8 in place of windows 7. after that when I started my lapi again I found one partition of my hard drive not found. It is not finding by any ways and it is nt hidden. at that drive I saved my all photos and imp data.. how I can get my data back..? please help!!
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Updated on Nov 30, 2018 at 07:14 AM
Hello,
  • Check that partition exists in the "Disk Management".
  • Hold "Windows" key and press the "R" key. Run dialog box will appear.
  • Now type
    diskmgmt.msc
    and press Enter.
  • "Disk Management" will then be opened.
  • If you notice a partition without a drive letter then right-click on it. Select "Change Drive Letter and Paths...". Click on "Add" button --> Add. Select the drive letter. Click on OK.

Good Luck
P K Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 30, 2013
Apr 30, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Hey Jack, I have tried your solution, there is a window open and I was seeing partition of my hard disk. there are 2 partition which are invisible. 1 is system reserved(390 MB) and other is Free Space (48.6 GB). I have known from your reply that what happened with my drive but Now How can I get my data back from this free space? Or have I lost it permanently?
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 30, 2013 at 05:07 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
You might have deleted the 48.6 GB partition. That's the reason its showing you a free space. In order to access that free space, you need to create a logical drive with that free space. Right-click on 48.6 GB free space --> Select the option "New Simple Volume" and then follow the onscreen instructions.
Once that logical drive gets created and got assigned with a drive letter, don't make any changes by adding any files to that partition. You can use the free recovery application "Recuva" to recover the files. Click on the below hyperlink "Recuva" and download it.
Recuva
Install it and perform deep scan.
Recover as much as data using it.
Incase if you still need to recover your important data which is less than a 1GB then let me know.
Good Luck