Blue screen during the installation of windows xp

Solved/Closed
kdhakal Posts 3 Registration date Friday October 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 14, 2013 - Apr 27, 2013 at 06:29 AM
 kdhakal - May 4, 2013 at 08:45 AM
Hello,
I am receiving an error while starting windows xp on my 10 year old computer (D845PEBT2) that says "Windows cannot start because the following file is missing or corrupt: windows\system32\config\system You can attempt to repair this file ............. Run setup from CD...... Press 'r' on the setup screen.......... " In the safe mode and every other mode that is available in the list of startup options, I receive the same error message. I tried to install another operating system (windows 2002 sp2), but when the setup is running, the files are copied successfully from the CD and when it says trying to detect previous operating systems, I receive a blue screen that says A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. BAD_POOL_CALLER Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed .......................... Remove bios memory options such as caching or shadowing ................... STOP: 0x000000C2 (0x00000043, 0xC2C5A000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have a 40GB IDE harddisk and 256 MB DDR2 RAM
Thanks in advance.

Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 29, 2013 at 01:00 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try another

slot. Check the RAM also to make sure that it working properly. You can check

your RAM using memtest86+ application. You can download it from the below link.

http://www.memtest.org/

Download the ISO file --> Burn that to the CD and boot from it by setting the

first boot device as "CD\DVD drive".

It's a continuous loop process so try few pass to detect the errors.

GOOD Luck
Thanks for replying.

I have already cleaned my RAM and changed its slot. But that does not work. I have also used memtest86+ application in which it says no errors until ten pass. (It took about three hours to complete the ten pass and after that I cancelled it).

Since I get the blue screen when the setup says 'trying to detect the previous versions of windows .........." I guess that my problem is with my hard disk. Does the memtest86+ application test hard disk as well?? If so, how do I select the hard disk (it does not say what it is testing) and if not is there any other applications that test hard disk? (May I remind that I cannot boot my computer at all)
Thanks
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 29, 2013 at 06:53 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Try changing your hard drive Data cable and the power connector . Remove the external connected devices.
If you have passed the memtest then you need to check your hard drive. Note down your hard drive manufacture's name. You can find on the hard drive itself. Go to your hard drive manufacture and download the tool to test your hard drive. Most of the hard drive manufacture's provides an utility to let you know the status of your hard drive. Perform few test to check if there is any bad sectors on it. They will be providing an application similar to memtest which can be booted right from your CD or usb drive. OR Let us know your hard drive manufacture's name.
Good Luck
My hard drive manufacturer's name is seagate. (www.seagate.com) I'm searching their website for such tools.
Thanks
Apr 30, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Click on the below hyperlink "SeaTools for DOS" and download the file.
SeaTools for DOS
Click on the below hyperlink "Instructions".
Instructions
Select "SeaTools Sector Repair Tools (DOS and Windows versions)" --> SeaTools for DOS Repair Tools (Internal PATA and SATA products) --> Now follow the onscreen instructions.
Good Luck
I solved my problem strangely. The setup was unable to detect my hard disk. But when I plugged in a pen drive, in order to boot from the pen drive, I was unable to boot from it and then I ran the setup from the CD itself leaving the pen drive as it is. Then the setup was able to read the hard disk. It showed the hard disk drives as well as the pen drive to select the disk to install the OS.
Anyways, thank you all guys for those helpful suggestions.