Printer driver cannot install

Solved/Closed
Mandy - Feb 18, 2009 at 03:00 PM
 arun - Jun 3, 2010 at 01:09 AM
Hello, I really need help can someone please tell meh where to install a printer driver if a printer is attached to a server
Related:

4 responses

Sandeep Posts 87 Registration date Friday October 10, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 5, 2012 47
Feb 18, 2009 at 10:28 PM
You can install drivers on any system in network, after installation try to connect it from another system. It will install that printer.
thnks bro for your help
Hey,

I for some reason cannot connect my laptop to my printer on my work network. Every other computer is connected except mine.

I am the only computer running Vista, so I think that may be the issue. When I install the driver on my laptop it says:
"The server for the 'Lexmark Universal' printer does not have the correct printer driver installed. If you want to search for the proper driver, click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel and contact your network administrator or original equipment manufacturer for the correct printer driver."

I have even tried installing the Vista driver on the other computers, but still end up with the same message. My Vista Printer Wizard cannot find the printer on the network, but when I browse for it, I can find it, but then it gives me that same message.

Please help. It's so annoying having to save files onto another computer, change computers and then print...

Thanks.
turbok100 > Grumio
Jul 31, 2009 at 07:54 AM
I have the same issue, Vista seem like it only wants the drivers from the server(PC) that is attached to the printer. And my printer is attached to a PC that has XP pro on it and of course the printer drivers that are on the XP pc will not work.

Let me know if you get a solution.