Why is my compaq computer screen black [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Zachary Bourque 2Posts Sunday May 19, 2013Registration date May 20, 2013 Last seen - Last answered on Mar 2, 2017 at 02:51 PM by rallymanuk
Hi all, I have a compaq windows 7 Presario CQ57.

Today I was using it and I shut it down before I left. I came back and turned it on to find my caps lock blinking the power button on and my Internet button on orange? My screen is black. Can I have any advice please ASAP thanks

Sent from my iPod
See more 
Helpful
+11
plus moins
Hello,

Try this 1

Unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power button for

60 seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and

later put the battery back into the laptop.

Good Luck
Was this answer helpful?  
Pedro14- Oct 22, 2016 at 03:06 PM
I know nothing about computers and laptops..I have a laptop cq57 when you say ram..?what is ram and where would I find it.....?
Schaunel 1Posts Thursday February 2, 2017Registration date February 2, 2017 Last seen - Feb 2, 2017 at 04:27 PM
This worked for me! Can anyone explain why?! : )
Ambucias 40679Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus April 28, 2017 Last seen - Feb 2, 2017 at 04:55 PM
Laptops accumulate what is called "flea" power. It often need to be drained.
rallymanuk 1Posts Thursday March 2, 2017Registration date March 2, 2017 Last seen - Mar 2, 2017 at 02:51 PM
If the caps lock is flashing this usually means the laptop has overheated and the graphics chip joint solder has melted. The contact between the graphics chip and the motherboard is lost resulting in a black screen (no display) I have reheated the graphics chip with a heat gun after removing the motherboard this usually reflows the solder at the joint. After letting the board cool for a few hours i rebuilt the laptop and the display worked again.This might only be a tempoarary fix and usually means installing a new motherboard and cleaning the cpu fan and renewing the thermal compound on the cpu,
Helpful
+4
plus moins
Hi I did and the laptop lights up but the scrn is black
jack4rall 6526Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus December 30, 2015 Last seen - May 20, 2013 at 02:17 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
Try the above step once again. If the problem still exists then click on the below link and follow the instructions.
http://ccm.net/faq/9066-display-problem-laptop
Good Luck

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?