Dell Inspiron 1545 startup problem

Closed
rhydianf Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday May 21, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 21, 2013 - May 21, 2013 at 01:56 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - May 22, 2013 at 06:57 AM
Hey, my dell inspiron 1545 is having a weird problem when starting up.

When I press the power button it goes to the standard first screen with the inspiron logo and the little blue loading bar, but once it has finished loading it just goes to a blank screen. The backlight is still there and there is a little blinking line in the top left corner of the screen but nothing else.

When I press Ctrl+Alt+Del it returns to the first screen, loads again and then goes back to the blank screen. I've tried running diagnostics but to no avail.

Has anyone experienced this? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for your time :)

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 22, 2013 at 06:57 AM
Hi rhydianf,

This symptom (blank screen with cursor at the top left side of the screen) in most of the cases indicates Hard Drive issues. Please try the below mentioned steps and check if this helps:

1. Disconnect external peripherals (like printers, scanners, USB media/ HDD, CD/DVD in the drive, etc.) to check if any of the external devices are causing the problem.
2. Confirm the Hard Drive is recognized in BIOS. Press F2 to enter BIOS and check if the hard drive's size is listed against "Primary Hard Drive" field. If yes, follow next step. If No, load BIOS defaults and re-seat Hard Drive. Refer to the Service Manual for steps on how to re-seat the hard drive. Click here to view/download the Service Manual. After re-seat if the Hard Drive is still not detected, the problem is with the Hard Drive and needs to be replaced.
3. Run Dell 32-bit Diagnostics and check if it gives any errors on Hard Drive. Click here to find steps on how to run Dell 32-bit Diagnostics.

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell