USB Flash Drives

Closed
mantara1 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday May 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2013 - May 22, 2013 at 02:58 AM
 mantara1 - May 24, 2013 at 05:46 AM
Good day. I have emptied the contents of my usb flash drive pq1 by dragging & dropping the contents into the trash can, but the info menu still indicates that I have used up space on the flash drive. Why is this? Surely if there are no files on the flash drive then I should have 100% carrying capacity available.
Related:

2 responses

imaks12 Posts 35 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2014 12
May 24, 2013 at 05:27 AM
Some space were reserved by the USB itself, could be internal software and important system files to make it run smoothly.

However, make sure there were no hidden files in the USB. To fully clean your USB, go with formatting instead of deleting files one by one. Doing this will erase the hidden files too.

Make sure to copy/move any or all the files before formatting the drive as it will permanently wipes off all your USB content.

Thanks.
Thanks for responding but how does one format a flash drive or Mac OSX? I only see advice on formatting for windows and linux.