Failed to get the display but beep is heared

Solved/Closed
natasha28 Posts 1 Registration date Monday May 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 27, 2013 - May 27, 2013 at 07:17 PM
 Natasha_28 - May 28, 2013 at 09:08 AM
Hi there, i have a lenovo laptop gifted to me late December, last year. I was using it as per normal all the while, and today i used it to watch a video on You Tube and some thing came up, and i just put it down and went out of the room. It took me a while and when i returned, and tries to start up back the computer it is not coming on at all... what happens is that i hear a beep followed by three beeps then another three beeps and a final beep.
No response at all....
Can anyone help me out here???? Plzzz... I will really, sincerely appreciate it...
Thank You,
Natasha.

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 28, 2013 at 05:43 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

If you notice that your CPU fan is running but there is no display in the screen,

then remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try

another slot.

If you have no idea about RAM, then click on the below hyperlink "RAM".

RAM

Note : While removing the RAM and placing it back, you need to be careful.

Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM will result in display problem.

If you are having two RAMs then remove it, place only one RAM and check the

display. If you failed to get any display then change the slot. If you still failed to

get the display then try the above procedure with the other RAM.

Good Luck
Oh thank you so much.... This helped me a whole lot... You really did save me a whole lot... Thank u thank u thank u :)