My laptop screen is very dim on start up, and also in bios setup

Closed
jahangirkhan82 Posts 1 Registration date Monday June 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2013 - Jun 3, 2013 at 01:42 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jun 6, 2013 at 10:03 AM
My laptop screen is very dim on start up, and also in bios setup, But works great when windows is logged in. I can't figure out the problem. please help.
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 6, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Hi jahangirkhan82,

Try these steps and reply with results:

1. Adjust the brightness of the LCD panel. Check your laptop's Manual for steps on how to increase the brightness.
2. Tilt the LCD panel before and after Windows screen appears and see if this affects the brightness . If it is, this indicates a possible loose connection between the LCD cable and motherboard. Removing and reattaching the LCD panel cable may resolve this issue. Before doing this, please take anti-static precautions. Please check your notebook service manual for accurate steps.
3. If possible, try attaching an external monitor to your notebook and toggle the display onto the external monitor. If the video display on the external monitor is bright and vibrant, this rules out any problems with the graphics chipset.
4. If your laptop manufacturer has provided the diagnostics, please check the LCD brightness by running the tests.