Computer works fine but screen says no signal

Closed
KpopOtaku Posts 1 Registration date Thursday June 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 6, 2013 - Jun 6, 2013 at 02:21 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jun 6, 2013 at 04:13 AM
My computer was recently working fine but one day i turn it on and it says
No signal what should i do i tried everything i can so i need your help please
All my files are on it so something involved with no deleting
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 6, 2013 at 04:13 AM
Hi KpopOtaku,

As you have mentioned "Computer works fine but screen says no signal", it indicates the computer's monitor is not receiving any video input. Try the below mentioned steps and check if these steps help:

1. Ensure Monitor is not in power save mode. (Press any key or move the mouse to wake up the system).
2. Disconnect video cable and perform the self-test (if self-test is provided by the monitor manufacturer, refer service manual of the monitor for steps on how to run self-test) and check for the floating box or any pattern on the screen.
3. Check for damages in the video cable (broken or bent pin) and ensure the cable is connected to the correct video source (Port). If cable is found damaged replace the cable.
4. If no damages to cable, ensure correct Input source (VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc.) is selected. Refer to the service manual of the monitor for steps on how check the correct input source.

If the problem persists, reply with the exact model number of the monitor and your computer configuration.