Inspiron N5110 - restore to factory defaults ~ NOT WORKING!!!

Closed
memorymom Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 15, 2013 - Jun 10, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jun 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Hello,

I was having problems hooking up to the internet. After trying to troubleshoot the problem my computer restarted in safe mode. I exhausted all the options for diagnosing the problem with no fix in site. So I saved all my important files to an external hard drive and decided to do a reset to an earlier date. Unfortunately it still started in safe mode. So...I decided to do a full factory image restore without saving files as I already copied them to an external hard drive. After entering the Dell Data safe reformatting it goes straight to safe mode in which it says it has to restart in order to load my new settings. So it seems like I'm going in circles trying to restore my computer to its " factory setting". Any help would be great. Thanks so much! Bren

5 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Hi,

You can reset your Inspiron N5110 to the Factory Setting by following the steps provided in this article. This is different from Dell Datasafe.

If the Restore to Factory Settings fails, reply with the exact text of the error message that you receive.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
I apologize for not having time to address the issues with my laptop. I'm a secretary at a Middle School and today is our last day. I hope to get to the laptop this weekend. I appreciate you taking the time to address my issues. I will keep you posted on how it goes! Thanks again for your help! Brenda