Mac Powerbook G4 won't go past grey screen

Solved/Closed
TVRB - Feb 20, 2009 at 03:02 AM
 bob - Nov 30, 2010 at 04:40 PM
Hello,
I have a mac powerbook g4 and it worked perfectly well until one day it just crashed.
I am not sure why but now when I try and turn it on all I see is a grey loading screen with the apple icon and the sunburst.
It tries to lad for around 1 - 2 and a hal minutes but the just shuts itself down again.

Can this be fixed?
Thanks.
Related:

4 responses

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203176
Thanks!!! This worked!!
vpnserver Posts 14 Registration date Tuesday August 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2009 1
Feb 22, 2009 at 12:59 AM
hi,
it seems that your hard drive is quitting you.
get yourself a new hard disk.
I recommend getting your Mac serviced by an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
what if youve got tons of pirated software and music? do you still bring it to an authorized mac service provider?
even if mac service providers actually cared about that kinda stuff; 1) how would they know it's pirated and, 2) they're not allowed to be searching your computer and looking at your files, that's illegal (even more so than so called "pirated software". :D
Mine was doing that last year. I took it to the Apple store. They charge a $300 flat rate fix all charge. I got a new motherboard, hardrive (which they upgraded it to the 80 gig) and optical drive. Also threw in a gig of ram for free as well. Basically got a new computer for the $300 bucks

:)
Atom:

My PB G4 died the same death today. I've never had hard drive replaced. Will I lose all my data?

Thanks for a response.
rer
ctrl apple reset