Ask a question Report

Why have my folders changed to shortcuts on my flash drive? [Closed]

charlieboy1 1Posts Friday June 14, 2013Registration date June 14, 2013 Last seen - Latest answer on Jun 15, 2013 05:42AM
So i've been using an 8gb Sandisk Cruzer Blade flash drive, and suddenly all my files changed to shortcuts, and i can't access them. When i try to open it, this is what happens. It says "Windows cannot find 'G:\.Trashes\e2a38afd.pif'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." Can someone explain this and teach me how to restore my folders from being shortcuts?
Read more 
Answer
+0
moins plus
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to correspond showing mutual respect. Therefore, when requesting assistance, to be courteous and to use polite expressions, as for elsewhere in similar circumstances. (i.e.please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

http://en.kioskea.net/contents/ccmguide/ccmcharte-respect-autrui.php3#politesse

Please, copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.

This document entitled « Why have my folders changed to shortcuts on my flash drive? » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.