Dell Inspiron B130

Closed
winnie - Feb 20, 2009 at 07:32 AM
 The Truth - Sep 6, 2010 at 10:44 PM
Hello,
I recently installed a new battery on this Dell B130 It says it is fully charged, I am running on AC power but after a few hours the battery light blinks red, but it says battery is 100% charged. Then after I turn off laptop a while later the battery light blinks green. What is going on?? Thanks for your help

2 responses

The amber flashing light simply means the battery is fully charged.
This usually happens with a replacement battery not manufactured by Dell.
Not a big deal.

If you open your power meter (right click on the icon) and notice the charge continues to diminish even while plugged in and indicating "charging"
You should unplug and use your laptop until the battery is depleted.
You can set adjust the power properties (right click on the same icon) to hibernate when the critical battery reaches 5% so that you don't lose any work in progress.

If the battery will not begin to recharge after running it down and plugging back in, leave your laptop plugged in, remove the battery and lock it back in place.
The computer will reset and the battery begins to recharge again.

This appears to be a feature that occurs in replacement batteries to ensure the battery is kept at an optimal charging capacity.
vanpie Posts 9 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2009 31
Feb 21, 2009 at 12:56 AM
hi,
it may be that this battery is faulty.
try to get another one to be sure.
if the problem contiues with the other one as well, then we may conclude that the problem is with your computer itself.
get it repaired.
I have just put in another new battery and several hours after it being charged and running on AC the battery light is blinking amber and soon to be red, I am sure. You said about getting laptop repaired, Do you have any idea what is wrong? I don't use it on battery that often so would it hurt to leave this battery in or to use it on battery when necessary?
Jamesdp8 > winnie
Jun 2, 2009 at 08:22 AM
If you don't run on battery that often, it will lose it's memory and not know how much charge it can hold. so to it, 30mins may be it's maximum storage.

A laptop can run without a battery in it, but if you wish to fix this, it's either a new battery, charge this for 24hrs, before use. even if it says it's full.

or charge your battery up, the laptop running on battery for till it dies, and then repeat. you will see the life of the battery slowly extend again.