Formatting to fat32

Solved/Closed
jordan_phil Posts 2 Registration date Thursday February 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2009 - Feb 20, 2009 at 04:01 PM
 Darilov - Jul 25, 2010 at 12:21 AM
Hello,
I tried formating my wd office ediotion by using run command at first I thought My drive is already formating it, but when it hit 99 percent format it declared that the volume is too big, My office edition is 640 gb by the way... but if its too big why does the process of formaying started.... please help me I dont know what to do. my os is windows xp sp2.. I had to format it with fat32 because when I format it using ntfs my dvd player could not read my media files anymore...
Related:

12 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,830
Feb 20, 2009 at 11:09 PM
Microsoft Windows XP limits a FAT32 volume to 32GB it quits formatting when it hits the 32GB mark. You can download this free program - it should allow you to format the whole drive. You can also partition it into a number or FAT32 partitions and NTFS partitions. Good Luck

https://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Partition-Master-Free-Edition/3000-2248_4-10863346.html?tag=mncol%3Bpop&cdlPid=10982635
XPCman,

Txs for that suggestion, worked very well for me !

Ciao
Robert
Thanx a bunch! Ive been ripping my hair out for 2 days, including 6 hours on cmd format. This workd perfectly!!!!
Thanks for the amazing solution, it worked really awesome , helped me to format my 1.5TB hardidsk in 2 mins from NTSC to FAT32
Hi

it"s worked.thanks,

Padmal
can't belive it.... just spent the last 2 days trying to format 1tb to fat32 with partition magic no chance not joking took about a minute with this....
Wow... this worked great... was waiting like 4 hours to format with CMD only to be told it was too large, then I used this program and BOOM did it in bout 4 seconds. Thanks so much :)!
wowwwwwwwww, I tried the program and worked for me, just took around 3 minutes to format my 500 GB EXTERNAL HDD TO FAT32 :d, tried on my ps3 and worked fine :d.
bye.
and tanks for the help :d.
p.s: I use windows xp media center edition, also tried on windows xp sp3.
Thank you so much for sharing. It's so great and fast. It takes just a minute.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hi XPCMAN
I managed to convert 1.5TB in seconds. I could not believe it. And My PS3 recognises now.
It's a fab. S/w. And thanks for sharing with us all.
Regards Niran
how do I reformat my 1.5 TD Seagat expansion external drive to FAT32. Trying to get it to be recognised on my PS3 as currently it is not recognising it!
my external hard drive files are in ntfs how do I convert them or the whole drive to fat32
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,830
Jun 6, 2010 at 01:06 AM
there is no way to convert without the loss of all the data.
thanks.

it worked just out of the box and that is only in seconds.
Great, the program worked for me. cudnt use my 90GB external on my xbox 360 as ntfs but it works in fat32 format! Thanks. I did a cmd format over night and it didn't work as well, so thanks for this.
you are supposed to open the zip file and execute it, and follow the instructions to format to a FAT32
just wondering, did any of you who used the program already have stuff saved on your hard drive? And if so, did you backup and delete everything or did it format without deleting? Or can you just take the NTFS formatted hard drive and create a new partition on it (somewhat like creating a new folder formatted in FAT32 while the rest of the hard drive is still NTFS)?
May 16, 2010 at 05:37 PM
reformating will wipe the hard disk clean.
I downloaded the file and put it on my external but how do I change it from NTFS TO fAT32
lol dude, serious
Dude you are friggin' awesome. Thanks so much for this! Helped me out more than you can imagine...