Monitor issue Please help!

Closed
brokencomputer Posts 1 Registration date Friday June 28, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 28, 2013 - Jun 28, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jul 2, 2013 at 06:35 AM
Hi,

This morning I turned on my computer and I noticed that I couldn't see anything on the monitor. I tried unplugging it from the wall and tower, but still no such luck. Although it was a bit better, since now the monitor turns on, but fades to black after 1 second.

About a week ago I noticed that the lower left portion of the screen was pink. I thought it was magnetization, so I unplugged it from the wall, but the problem persisted until it went away on it's own almost 2 days ago now.

I have a Dell Inspiron S with a 24" Dell LCD monitor. I also put in a Radeon HD5570 about 2-3 years ago. All the drivers should be up to date. I just installed Company of Heroes 2 if that would have anything to do with it.

I really have no idea what to do and I appreciate any help, and thanks in advance.
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 2, 2013 at 06:35 AM
Hi,

Try the below mentioned steps and reply with results:

1. Check for optimal video resolution in the Monitor OSD (On-Screen-Display) Menu. Run factory reset. Refer monitor's user guide for accurate steps.
2. Check if you can start the computer in BIOS Setup before the screen fades. If the BIOS screen appears, check if the problem occurs here also.
3. If same issue in seen on Dell Logo and in BIOS, follow the below mentioned steps.
4. Ensure Video cable is functional/not damaged (broken/bent pins). Reseat monitor data cable (VGA, DVI, HDMI or Display Port).
5. Run "Monitor self-test/BIST". To run "Monitor self-test/BIST" unplug the monitor's video cable while keeping the power cord plugged in. If a pattern or a box appears on the screen with correct image, the test has passed else, the problem is with the Monitor.
6. If you are using a VGA connection, perform "Auto Adjust" from OSD.
7. Check if the issue persists when the monitor is connected via different video port source or to a different computer. If the issue persists the problem is with the monitor.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6